Our overriding mission is to pursue the answers to these critical questions:
- What are the best practices for making whiteness explicit in classrooms?
- What skills are needed to become racially literate both for teachers and students?
- How does investigating whiteness impact the identity development of white students?
- How does investigating whiteness in the classroom relieve or create stress for students of color?
- How do teachers, who do not understand their own racial impact, cause stress for students?
- How do racially literate teachers ease the burden for students?
- How do we measure success — what does it look like, sound like, feel like to be “racially literate”?